Sunday, March 10, 2013

webs

 Our family spends a lot of time outdoors. Today I had the opportunity to steal a few moments for myself. I love photography and recently got a new camera so I figured it was a good time to put my creativity to use. 

On my walk I passed this grouping of bushes that looked very much dead. I decided to head over to them because I saw some butterflies circling around and I was hoping to get lucky. Once I got a little closer to the bushes I noticed that they were in fact totally dead, but at the same time they were covered with life. 



There were hundreds if not more of these tiny little spider webs and of course...spiders. I started to watch them and really study their webs. These little webs seemed to be attached to the dead branches by only a few web pieces. Very few, actually I noticed on most of them there were only two points of attachment. 



While I was watching them a breeze came through. These little webs almost took flight, but those few attachment points kept them stable.



At times the wind got pretty strong. I was certain that one would fly off. 


But they never did. No matter how strong the wind that came.


There were webs with parts missing. 



There were some that didn't seem to have much organization at all.



Little ones.



And webs that were very different from the others. 




But no matter how strong the winds blew, these little guys held on.





I started thinking about how we are sort of like those little spider webs. How fragile our connection is. How there are just a few simple things that we need to do to make sure we don't blow away. How we are all so different and some of us are broken and most of us are incomplete. 

I was reminded of many things while I was watching those little spiders. I was reminded that no matter how strong the wind, if I'm doing what I need to do, I will be safe. It amazing how Heavenly Father whispers to us. How he looks for even the smallest and most simple ways to bring home the most important things in this world. I'm thankful for my quiet time this afternoon and especially for those little butterflies that led me over. I'm thankful for those little spiders that reminded me of something very large and important. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great photos. obviously, you have talent and enjoy what you're doing.