Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Mormon Messages



If you know me at all you know I am simply terrified that my children will turn into heathens. More specifically my greatest fear is that my children will be caught up in the ways of the world. I think it would be more devastating to me as a parent to have my children turn from the gospel of Jesus Christ than if they lost their life. I know that's an intense thing to say, but it's how I feel. I am constantly doing a check and balance on what I am doing to spiritually prepare them for this world and the world to come. It's exhausting, but as with all things good....it's worth the effort.

In one of our church meeting a few weeks ago a church leader asked in Sunday school how people teach the gospel of Jesus Christ in their homes. There are a million ways, but a friend suggested something that I really felt I could do. It was a perfect fit actually.

Every morning while the kids are putting their shoes on, we watch a "Mormon Message". They are short films that our church has made especially for the youth of our church. I find great worth in them too, but the topics are geared towards the youth. Our church actually has a slew of awesome bible videos that we will rotate in as well.

It's very hard to jam anything extra into our mornings. We have kids that love sleep and they are grumpy in the mornings...mom too. So this was a very natural way to leave them with a Christ centered message in their heads as they walk out the door and into the world. It's not a big deal by any means, but it's a little something that I see them enjoying and I've heard the messages come out in their prayers as well, so I know it's penetrating a little.

2 comments:

Kathleen Jackson said...


love it. And Mia has gorgeous hair, just sayin...... ;)

Nicole said...

ooh! great idea! i would much rather hear that than nickelodeon or disney channel in the morning. :)