Friday, December 2, 2011

Oh me, oh my

It's not often that I'm totally smitten with new music. I was in the car the other day and heard this little ditty that made me think Counting Crows has made a come back. After tracking down the radio's website to see who that song was by, I immediately downloaded the record to my Iphone. Oh how I love technology!

Now I may be late on this bandwagon, but better late then never. The band is Avett Brothers. They have a ton of records out. I got the most recent one I and Love and You...
The words, the sweet words on this record. It's been a long time since I've heard a record that celebrates love and marriage and pure simple values. They are classified as bluegrass but don't let that scare you. At times they sound like Counting Crows and often I hear Blue's Traveler. Either way, give it a go if you dare...and did I mention the words...love the words!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqZZlL0l5Uk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t43VgJ4U9_Q  The radio song...did I mention the words? Ok I'm done!

Have you heard of these guys? Am I totally lame and late to the party?

5 comments:

Nicole said...

haven't heard of them. but i'm on my music fast right now, so they will have to wait. ;) the album cover cracks me up though! ;)

Melissa said...

It is odd Nicole. The song Tin Man made me think about you. Read the lyrics until the fast is over.

Nicole said...

holy cow! totally!!! dang it. i'm gonna have to sneak on youtube. ;)

Nicole said...

okay, totally counting crows-esque. amazing lyrics for sure! but they are emotion invoking, so they will have to wait a little longer for me to listen to them again. ;)

Melissa said...

Yes, but that's what I'm liking. Art should make you feel!