Friday, April 23, 2010

The Story of A Boy

We found out yesterday that we are having a boy. I could not be more thrilled because if you know me at all you know that I REALLY hoped for a boy. Although I was certain it was a boy, there's always that doubt. You may ask how I could be so certain, well read the story that follows and you will find out.




We have had a history of miscarriages, but we've never told our kids about them while it was going on. We didn't want their hopes to get crushed like ours did. Well this winter I decided that I wanted to tell Zander and Mia about it...well because it was over and I wanted them to really understand how much we have to love them in order to sign up for these loses.



Zander understood very well and thought and talked about the lost babies a lot. Mia took another approach. Mia decided that she would pray for babies. Every prayer...all day long...everyday...she would pray for a "fresh healthy baby boy that would not die". This made for interesting meal time prayers for sure, and Chris and I couldn’t help but giggle at her oddness.



Chris and I hadn't decided that we were going to start trying again, and it usually takes us months to get pregnant...sometimes a year. So we just giggled it off...until the next month when I found out that I was in fact pregnant. We weren't really even trying and when I say trying...well I won't go there.



Anyway, we told the kids right away once we saw the heartbeat, I was seven weeks along. They were thrilled, and right in suit Mia said "I know it’s a boy". She has wanted a baby brother for a long time. I asked her how she could be so sure, and she simply said that she asked Heavenly Father for a new baby and he gave us one, so she knew that it would be a healthy boy too.



I also knew that He would send us a little boy. I know that the faith of a child made this baby happen in the way it did. This has been an awesome teaching experience for our children. They now have proof that when you ask and believe, you will receive. What a priceless testimony of faith this gave them, and I got a baby out of it too, so yay!

3 comments:

nuttbutts said...

I love little kids and their simple faith. Its awsome!

Amy Craig said...

Congratulations! So excited for you guys!

Sarah said...

I am so happy for all of you!! Way to go Miss Mia.