Monday, December 21, 2009

Word of the Year

This last year was truly monumental for me in so many ways. A few years back I started the tradition of picking one word that I would use throughout the year to help me stay focused. My word for 2009 was initially "CONQUER", but then I changed it to "HEART". Both words really apply to this last year. I'm trying get the next years accomplishments planned out in my head and pick my word of the year.


I had this ring made for me last January to help me remember. I wore it the whole five months that I trained for the marathon. The training was the true test and journey! I also wore it while I ran my first marathon in May, and it came in real handy at mile 23 when I needed to be reminded that I did have all it took to finish the amazing goal that I set my heart on. I remember looking at it and pulling inspiration from places that I didn't know existed to finish that race.

So my question is. What word would you choose? You don't have to tell me, but I promise a silly little thing like this will help you conquer you goals and yourself!

No comments: