Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009


This year we decided to completely bypass the traditional holiday plan. We took a trip to San Antonio, stayed in a swanky hotel, ate fogo de Chao, and went midnight swimming. It was the best Thanksgiving I have experienced by far. The kids LOVED Fogo de Chao. They tried so many different foods that they would not have otherwise had the opportunity to try. This was the best choice for a carnivore family. We also spent a ton of time on the riverwalk and shopping in the little Mexican stores in the Mercado. We ate chips and salsa for breakfast, and went to Sea World too. It was a great weekend trip for sure!











4 comments:

nuttbutts said...

That looks so awsome! I have to say I kind of get tired of the same old thing all the time too. I think a trip to a swanky hotel sounds so fun! And its something the kids will remember too. This may show my complete lack of swankiness but what is fogo de chao?

Melissa said...

google it. It's a brazillan restuant that basically is all you can eat meat...they come around to your table cutting it off a spit onto your plate...sooo good.

The Allgaiers said...

I LOVE Fogos!! I'm so glad you had so much fun. The pictures look great!

Mark and Heather said...

I am glad you had a good time BUT Holli and I missed you...and your crew.