Friday, September 4, 2009

I cannot touch my toes...

Can you? I have never been able to touch my toes with straight legs. I remember being in cheer leading and trying to do all of those toe touches and struggling. I would have been darn happy with an ankle for heavens sake...but no. Also in gym class, having to do that dreaded sit and reach...ohh the embarrassment. So on to my next goal...flexibility. I am surprisingly flexible in my hips. I can turn my feet so far out that the start to point backwards. I can even almost put my leg behind my head...but those toes...they just long to be touched. If you know me at all, you will then know that my goal is not to simply touch those toes, but I want to be able to palm the wall behind said toes. Average is simply never enough for me.

So what has sparked this odd goal of mine? Well I'm taking a PE class at the college, because I have to, and we had to do a pretest. I rocked it all except the flexibility portion....I was sub par to say the least. That will never be the case again. If you could touch your toes you got 0 as your score. If you could go past them you got one point for however many inches you went past...1,2,3,4,5. If you could not touch them you got a -1,-2,-3,-4,-5. I got a -3... and all I can say now is, its on! Wish me luck in my flexibility endeavours...

3 comments:

Kathleen Jackson said...

In my current condition, I would have been happy with a 3!! :) I can not see my toes, much less touch them. Glad you are enjoying your classes, are you taking more? Good Luck with your goal.

Melissa said...

No Kathleen, I got negative three...meaning I was three inches from touching my toes...and I'm not pregnant so there is no excuse. I plan on taking more classes. The goal is to get er done; however long that takes...ugh.

Chelle said...

Try yoga or the Stretch X of P90X. I'm getting more flexible than ever! Just don't be stupid and try to show off in front of your in-laws by doing the splits without warming up first. Duh!!