Tuesday, May 12, 2009

If I had only knew...I would have run away screaming!!

Lately I've been giving the subject of my role as a mother a lot of thought. What a task we have. Sometimes I want to hide from all that I have to do in one day, say someone else can do it. But then I get a glimpse of what my "job" really entails. I love my children. Because of them I am growing to be all that my Father in heaven wants and needs me to be. It is not some other persons job to love them the only way a mother can. I am grateful for my kiddos and all that I am because of them.


"i don't want to arrive at the pearly gates wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coifed, or with perfectly manicured fingernails...


...I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt, with childrens sticky kisses on my cheeks, and tears on my shoulder...

...I want the Lord to know I was really here and that i really lived."

excerpts from: "I Really Lived"
by Marjorie Hinckley

No comments: