Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Story of the Shrimp....

For the longest time....I hated shrimp. The very thought of eating it made me gag... Now this is odd cause I am a foodie... I love everything food... but not shrimp... I would rather die... then one day....My darling husband took me out on a date to the best seafood place in Houston, and MADE me give it one more try... I was in love... with the shrimp and my sweetie for being patient with my stubborn shrimp aversion So this weekend we decided to give making shrimp ourselves a try... we peeled off shells, picked off legs, and scraped off poop... sounds tasty huh?
Mia did the breading... very well might I add... she has lots of practice in this...

Chris did the frying...not that we are not health conscious mind you cause we are... but fried shrimp has become my weakness, and its sooooo much cheaper to do it yourself...
I did the eating....all of the eating...well I had to fight off the cat numerous times but I won. Soooo easy, sooo fun, sooo delicious, soooo cheap.

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Someday, on date night, splurge and go to Saltgrass for their coconut shrimp and mango dip. I'm not a shrimp person either, but this is like eating candy!! Glad you are broadening your horizons!