Sunday, November 2, 2008

New toilets, new job, new books

We have been so super busy these days. I don't even know how I got through last week. We decided to finish up the powder room downstairs. We gutted it with the kitchen and I've been acting like it simply did not exist so we would not have to install yet another toilet. Well after catching my son peeing in the backyard instead of going upstairs, we decided to finished the bathroom downstairs. Out of all the jobs we have done, toilets have been the worst. For some reason there is always a problem. Following suit, we thought we had the thing in with no hangups, we felt happy it was over. It was so not. This one is proving to be the worst yet. Woof, no more toilets please!!!

Next, as many of you may know, Chris has been working like a dog at his job. I have felt like a single mom for sometime now. After realizing that his qualms were not going to get better, he started to look for a new job. That can be scary when the economy is what it is. Anyway he got an amazing offer....amazing. I won't go into details, but it was an amazing offer! There were some risks with it though. Well after much consideration, he gave his old job notice. They were very sad to see him go and offered him a counter. They matched the other offer and are giving him a promotion. I was so shocked. I know Chris is awesome, but it is nice for his job to recognize it. I am very proud of him. He's a great man.

So I finished Wicked. I want to go see it on Broadway. The show is coming to San Antonio in June, but I really want to see it in Chicago....I'm trying to convince Chris. I don't really like going to Chicago at all. At All! But this time we can be a little more independent, hotel and rental car!! Those are my requirements. No more sleeping on the family's couches...woof!

Now I'm reading Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf. My handsome husband took me out on a date last night, and I convinced him to let me "stop" by Barnes and Noble. An hour later, we walked out with books in hand. Love that place!!

Can you believe that Halloween is over? Next is Thanksgiving. Today we are taking down the Halloween decorations. Its going so fast. I can't wait to start planing our Thanksgiving menu. Maybe we need to have a party this year.... That sounds so fun. We haven't done a holiday party in a while, except for the annual Christmas Eve pizza party. That one doesn't count though, because its not fancy at all. Blah blah blah. The baby and husband are still asleep, and I have no one to talk to except the cartoon zombies. I hope you all have a great Sunday!! Don't eat too much of that candy!!

2 comments:

Amy Craig said...

We have tickets to see wicked in Louisville in January. Did you like the book. I bought it but I haven't started it yet. Right now I am reading The Host by Sephenie Meyer. It took me a little while to get into it, but now I am hooked.

Melissa said...

Wicked was good...not family friendly, but I'm really sensitive. It didn't shake the earth for me, but I was sad when it was over. You should read it before you see it in January. We are toying with the idea of going to chicago for Christmas so maybe I'll get to see it then..