Saturday, August 16, 2008

8 Years









July 29th was our 8 year anniversary, and I kept saying I wanted to post something about it but never go around to it.


You know with all of the back to school preparations, house projects, baby teething, Mia Miaing, pre-school planning, driving to Dallas by myselfing, then there's the cleaning, mowing, lesson planning, activities brainstorming, recommend interviewing, scouting, swimming, school shopping blah blah blah blah....blah. I just never got around to it.


So I was riding home today from the grocery store for the millionth time this week with our trillionth gallon of milk in tow and heard this song. It made me stop and think of my wonderful man who spoils me rotten (except for when a poopy diaper is in the air).


Now if you know me, you know that I am not the country listening type of gal, but it did me in.



Also if you know anything about the poo poo surrounding our wedding....well you will get it, but here it is. Go get your barf bag!! Just kidding.


I do love this man so much, for all that you were, are, and will become!!! I'm posting this for him.





YOU'RE STILL THE ONE (Shania Twain)
When I first saw you, I saw love. And the first time you touched me, I felt love. And after all this time, you're still the one I love.
Looks like we made it Look how far we've come my baby We mighta took the long way We knew we'd get there someday
They said, "I bet they'll never make it" But just look at us holding on We're still together still going strong
(You're still the one) You're still the one I run to The one that I belong to You're still the one I want for life (You're still the one) You're still the one that I love The only one I dream of You're still the one I kiss good night
Ain't nothin' better I'm glad we didn't listen Look at what we would be missin
They said, "I bet they'll never make it" But just look at us holding on We're still together still going strong
(You're still the one) You're still the one I run to The one that I belong to You're still the one I want for life (You're still the one) You're still the one that I love The only one I dream of You're still the one I kiss good night
(You're still the one) You're still the one I run to The one that I belong to You're still the one I want for life (You're still the one) You're still the one that I love The only one I dream of You're still the one I kiss good night
I'm so glad we made it Look how far we've come my baby

2 comments:

Amy Craig said...

You are seriously so cute. I think of you all the time. I wish we could get together and chat!!

narnianne said...

Congrats you guys!!! I am happy that you guys are so happy. Can't wait to come and play again!

Holli